Hero Tree Package (Arbor sarcina)
This is a selection of nine of our broadleaf and conifer tree models in desktop resolution that span continents, terrain types, and seasons. Each species comes with at least three individual models.
- Alaska Cedar (3 models – Full, Bare, and Juvenile)
- American Elm (3 models – Summer, Autumn, and Winter)
- Colorado Blue Spruce (3 models – Full, Bare, and Winter)
- Douglas Fir (3 models – Full, Bare, and Juvenile)
- European White Birch (3 models – Summer, Autumn, and Winter)
- London Plane (3 models – Summer, Autumn, and Winter)
- Red Maple (6 models – Summer, Autumn, Winter, Juvenile Summer, Juvenile Autumn, and Juvenile Winter)
- Scots Pine (3 models – Full, Bare, and Winter)
- White Oak (3 models – Summer, Autumn, and Winter)
1. Alaska Cedar (Chamaecyparis nootkatensis)
This slow-growing, false cypress is native to the Pacific Northwest and Alaska. It is known by many names including Yellow-Cedar, Alaska Cypress, and Nootka Cypress. It has long, drooping branches with long flat sprays.
2. American Elm (Ulmus americana)
Also known as the ‘White Elm’, this deciduous tree forms a spreading canopy. It is a hardy tree and can thrive in cold or harsh winter climates. For that reason they are often planted and thrive in the upper northeastern US.
3. Colorado Blue Spruce (Picea pungens)
A large evergreen native to the Rocky Mountains and other parts of western North America, this spruce varies in color from gray-green to nearly bright blue, giving it its name.
4. Douglas Fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii)
This tree that required the creation of its own genus (Pseudotsuga) is not a true fir. Douglas Firs are large, stately trees that can reach impressive heights of over 100 meters. They are endemic to the western US.
5. European White Birch (Betula pendula)
This common European tree (also called Silver Birch) is characterized by its white bark that is spotted with black diamond-shaped marks. The bark color along with its slender and gracefully drooping branches make it a popular ornamental world-wide. The European white birch is a medium-sized deciduous tree, typically reaching heights of 49 to 82 ft (15 to 25 m) with a slender trunk usually under 16 in (40 cm) diameter.
6. London Plane (Platanus acerifolia)
The London Plane is the European version and close relative of the American Sycamore. This large tree is stately and attractive, most notably because of its scaly jigsaw bark.
7. Red Maple (Acer rubrum)
Red Maple is one of the most wide-spreading trees in the eastern US, stemming from its ability to survive under a variety of conditions. Its leaves, as its name implies, turn a brilliant red in the fall.
8. Scots Pine (Pinus sylvestris)
The Scotch or Scots Pine is native to Scotland and can grow up to 25m in height. Scots Pine is used heavily in timber products and is planted commercially for this purpose.
9. White Oak (Quercus alba)
A large oak that often grows to have an irregular, wide spreading crown and a stocky base. White oaks are native to all regions of the eastern US.
What Files Are Included?
- 30 individual tree models
- 229 unique high-resolution diffuse, normal, and specular maps
- 31 leaf map maker SPM files (utilities for easily creating and adjusting leaf-group textures, Modeler subscription needed)
What makes SpeedTree models so special? How many features are packed into each model? Details here.
- Tuned lightmap UVs for UE4, all LODs
- Seasonal variations
- Collision objects
- Tuned LOD transitions
- Tuned wind effects
- Preset ambient occlusion
- Leaf map maker SPM files
- Branch seam blending used
Want to create limitless variations of these trees or tweak them in any way? A Modeler subscription will get the job done.
Use of this product is subject to the terms of the SpeedTree Model Library Components End User License Agreement.
This product is intended for use with Unreal Engine 4 Subscription and will function properly only with that software (specifically, version 4.3 or newer). This product is not a mesh or standalone asset, and cannot be used to create or export a mesh or standalone asset. It can be modified only with the SpeedTree for UE4 Modeler.