**For use with Unity 5 beta and newer only**
Desktop Tree Package 2 (Arbor sarcina)
This is another selection of nine of our tree models in desktop resolution that span continents, terrain types, and seasons. Each species comes with at least two individual models.
- African Baobab (2 models – Version 1 and Version 2)
- Amur Cork (3 models – Summer, Autumn, and Winter)
- Bald Cypress (3 models – Summer, Autumn 1, and Autumn 2)
- Chinese Banyan (2 models – Version 1 and Version 2)
- European Aspen (3 models – Summer, Bare, and Autumn)
- Japanese Maple (4 models – Summer 1, Summer 2, Autumn 1, and Autumn 2)
- Red Delicious Apple (4 models – Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter)
- River Birch (3 models – Summer, Autumn, and Winter)
- Southern Magnolia (5 models – Summer, Bulbs, Pink Flowers, White Flowers, and Bare)
1. African Baobab (Adansonia digitata)
Native to Africa, but can also be found in dry regions of India. Baobabs are some of the thickest trees in the world. Their swollen trunks are that way to store water during the dry season. Some specimens are reputed to be thousands of years old. It is a large and distinctive tree that usually grows alone on the Savannah.
2. Amur Cork (Phellodendron amurense)
This broad-leaved shade tree is native to eastern Asia and considered invasive in North America. Grows to heights of 9-14 m (30-45 ft) and a spread of 9-18 m (30-60 ft).
3. Bald Cypress (Taxodium distichum)
The Bald or ‘Swamp’ Cypress is commonly associated with the Bayou, as it grows in marshes and wetlands. Distinctive characteristics include ‘toadstools’ or knee roots which resurface above the water line and a distinctively thick and fissured base.
4. Chinese Banyan (Ficus microcarpa)
Chinese Banyan is a native to Sri Lanka, India, Taiwan, the Malay Archipelago, the Ryukyu Islands, Australia, and New Caledonia. The Banyan was widely distributed as an ornamental plant and is one of the most common street trees in warm climates.
5. European Aspen (Populus tremula)
European Aspens can be found all over the world and often populate rocky slopes and riversides. These thin trees have light gray, striped bark and resemble some species of birch.
6. Japanese Maple (Acer palmatum)
This small tree species native to Japan, eastern Mongolia, southeastern Russia, and North and South Korea can typically reach heights of 10 m (20 to 33 ft), and sometimes higher. A very popular decorative tree with many cultivars.
7. Red Delicious Apple (Malus domestica)
‘Red Delicious’ is a cultivar of the orchard Apple Tree. This classic apple variety is most widely grown and most popular apple in the world. Its fruit is red and has five small buldges along the bottom of the core.
8. River Birch (Betula nigra)
Also known as the black birch or water birch, this species is native to the Eastern United States. It commonly occurs in flood plains and swamps. It grows to a height of 25-30 meters (82-98 ft.) and its trunk from 50-150 centimeters (20-59 in.) in diameter.
9. Southern Magnolia (Magnolia grandiflora)
This large evergreen tree is native to the southeastern Unites States, ranging from Virginia to central Florida and west to east Texas. It can reach heights of nearly 36.5 m (120 ft). It’s recognizable by it’s waxy, dark green leaves and large white flowers.
What Files Are Included?
- 29 individual tree models
- 262 unique high-resolution diffuse, normal, and specular maps
- 37 leaf map maker SPM files (utilities for easily creating and adjusting leaf-group textures, Modeler subscription needed)
What makes SpeedTree models so special? How many features are packed into each model? Details here.
- Seasonal variations
- Collision objects
- Tuned LOD transitions
- Tuned wind effects
- Preset ambient occlusion
- Leaf map maker SPM files
- Branch seam blending used
Want to create limitless variations of these trees or tweak them in any way? A Modeler subscription will get the job done.
Use of this product is subject to the terms of the SpeedTree Model Library Components End User License Agreement.
This product is intended for use with Unity 5 Subscription and will function properly only with that software (specifically, version 5 beta or newer). This product is not a mesh or standalone asset, and cannot be used to create or export a mesh or standalone asset. It can be modified only with the SpeedTree for Unity Modeler.